Weird behaviour after restoring backup

Moderator: crythias

skunh
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Weird behaviour after restoring backup

Post by skunh »

Hi,

i´m trying to migrate an old otrs system to a new server. The old system is running on debian 9.5 and OTRS 6.0.23.
The new System is running debian 12. My plan was to first install OTRS 6 and the upgrade to the newest znuny versions. But after restoring the backup im seeing strange behaviour:
Can´t login to the root account, even after (seemingly) succesfully changing the password with Console.pl Admin::User::SetPassword.
The other admin account, i can login without problems but it is not an admin Account anymore. I also tried to add the account to the admin group, again without any results.
When i check the restored database the admin account seems to be in the admin group.
Another thing: When i login in the admin account i only see 2 tickets from years ago. When i check the database, i can see there are more and recent tickets.

Anyone have any idea?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Weird behaviour after restoring backup

Post by root »

Hi,

What is the database type and version you use on the new system?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
skunh
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Re: Weird behaviour after restoring backup

Post by skunh »

I was using the same version of mariadb on both systems.

I solved the problem by upgrading otrs to the latest znuny version on the old system and then restored a backup of the newest version. that worked without issues.